Monday, April 30, 2012

Rainy day...fun?


Some stuff in my retro laboratory... The giant wood-grain box is what used to be required to play and record video in the late 70s on a format known as Betamax. The giant beige box is an 80s "computer" aka Commodore Amiga 2000. 

The Betamax VCR was a gift and it came with several tapes of local TV recordings. The original owner helpfully inserted TV guide pages in the tape cases to show what's on them. Right now I'm checking out "Night of 100 Stars" ...


It's actually pretty amazing. 3 hours of various celebrities of the time do little 3-5 minute bits onstage then the next comes out. So far I've seen some Robin Williams stand-up and Christopher Cross singing the Arthur theme with Dudley Moore playing piano. I doubt I'll be able to watch it all but there's some pretty great Youtube material here.

No comments:

Post a Comment